The overall benefits of dancing are numerous...these are just a few. But once you come and dance with us at Lake Chapala Ballroom, you'll see yourself trim up, think faster, and be happier! Come and try it...you'll know if it's the right decision for you. (And we think it will be!)
Here are just a few of the numerous benefits that dancing will bring to your life.
1. Dancing is an excellent cardiovascular exercise that will use all your major muscle groups.
2. It encourages good posture and body alignment, and will strengthen your body’s core abdominal muscles.
3. You will become more flexible, more agile, and more graceful both on and off the dance floor.
4. You’ll burn calories while you’re having fun. It’s invigorating!
5. Ballroom dancing will also benefit your mental and emotional health.
6. You’ll spend your evenings on the dance floor instead of alone in front of the TV.
7.You can discover a new passion and joy in your life at any age.
8. You’ll learn to dance with a variety of partners, many of whom will become your friends. It’s a terrific way to meet new people who share your same interests.
9. Dancing will make you smarter. Researchers have found that ballroom dancing improves mental acuity throughout a dancer’s life and can even help prevent Alzheimer’s disease in senior citizens! It’s like two swords sharpening one another – the body helps the mind work, and the mind takes care of the body.
10. You’ll become more musical and learn to appreciate musical timing and phrasing.
11. You will discover a rhythm and grace in your own body you didn’t know you had.
12. Ballroom dancing will make you stronger, happier, healthier, and smarter. It will bring you joy.
Can you think of any other resolution you could make for the New Year that will bring you as many benefits? Not to mention...it's fun!